This statement confirms Quality Health’s commitment to protect your privacy and to process your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’).
Data Protection Registration
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires every organisation that processes personal information to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our registration reference is Z63885547 and our entry into the register can be found here:
Why we need your personal information
We do not routinely collect personal information via this website, but due to the work that we undertake we do collect and store such data within the requirements of each project: This may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, address and contact information such as email addresses and phone numbers
- Information on health state and care received
- Age, gender, occupational and other personal information
Quality Health will use this information for the following reasons:
- Send information to you to enable you to take part in a specific survey or research project
- Improve the services and care provided by our clients
- We may monitor or record any communication between you and Quality Health for quality control and training purposes and as part of the survey administration process.
It is important to note that this data and derived information is not routinely shared with any third-parties or partners unless clearly stated in the specific documentation and consent statements that accompany each mailing.
Data Security Methodology
Quality Health has attained the following accreditations in relation to Data Security and Risk Management:
ISO 27001:2005 – Information Security Management
- The ISO 27001 standard provides the framework for an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS). It sets out the policies and procedures that we need to protect ourselves. Our ISMS Committee oversees the implementation and includes all the risk controls (legal, physical and technical) necessary for robust IT security management. We are independently audited on a regular basis.
Information Governance Statement of Compliance (IGSoC)
- This is the process by which Quality Health has entered into an agreement with the Health and Social Care Information Centre for access to the NHS National Network (N3). The process includes elements that set out terms and conditions for use of HSCIC systems and services including the N3, in order to preserve the integrity of those systems and services. The steps in the IG SoC process set out a range of security related requirements which must be satisfied in order for Quality Health to be able to provide assurances in respect of safeguarding the N3 network and information assets that may be accessed.
- This is a contractual requirement for us on a number of programmes that we run with / for the NHS including the National PROMs and Cancer Patient Experience Survey. We are currently assessed to V13. The IG website can be found here https://www.igt.hscic.gov.uk/ and details on our specific assessments can be found here https://www.igt.hscic.gov.uk/AssessmentReportCriteria.aspx?tk=425684588604278&lnv=3&cb=dc5fac67-2c02-4a7d-afc6-3ad098d7422e&sViewOrgId=26532&sDesc=NXT
These demonstrate that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information, and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for our purposes.
Cookies are text files, which identify a user's computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
Users may, of course, choose not to accept cookies from the Quality Health website. Further information about cookies can be found at: www.aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
There are hyperlinks within this website which will take you away from this Quality Health website. The linked sites are not necessarily under the control of Quality Health and therefore we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Quality Health is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Quality Health of the site.
Your rights to access your personal information
You are entitled pursuant to the Act to ask for a copy of your personal information, for which we will charge a £10 fee, and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Should you wish to access your information, or have any other enquiries about data protection, please go to the ‘Contact us’ page on the website.
Quality Health seeks to ensure that all information on this website is accurate However, Quality Health and its employees cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever from the use of any information within, or accessed through, this website.